Founded in 2014, Be Our Guest Travel Company is a home-based travel agency in Pinehurst, North Carolina. We have a team of travel advisors from all over the country who have a heart for service, a passion for travel, and deliver a concierge planning experience to our clients from start to finish.
Our agency works together as a team, and we are committed to providing in-depth training, the tools and resources needed to plan memorable vacations, and business coaching to each individual advisor. We also offer on-site educational opportunities throughout the year, as well as an annual agency conference.
If you are self-driven, an excellent communicator, and have a heart for service, this may be the right career for you!
what you need to know
- Stay updated on changes as they occur in your areas of expertise.
- Be an expert in at least one destination, and be proficient in the others.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Be Our Guest Travel Company, and keep in accordance with our contract.
- Represent Be Our Guest Travel Company in a positive and professional manner.
- Participate in training sessions.
- Service your clients with the utmost professional standards.
what you can expect from us
- Prompt and accurate payment of commissions.
- A thorough orientation of Be Our Guest Travel Company's policies, procedures, tools, and resources.
- Business coaching with agency owners.
- Private agent forum to ask questions.
- Access to our vacation planning tools and client documents.
- A commitment to helping you grow your business.
A common question from new agents is, "Where do I find clients?". That is a great question and one that we can help you develop during your training.
You are responsible for gathering your own clientele through your personal network. A successful travel advisor is able to network and grow their client-base, not only from one-on-one meetings, but from advertising, social media, events, and referrals.
We recommend thinking about where your business will come from and how you will generate leads initially. Once you are an established travel advisor, your clients will refer you - and then your business will be booming!
Clients book their travel months in advance. You are paid when the client completes travel, which means it may take 12 months or more before you receive steady commission checks.
We split all commissions and fees that we receive from your clients' travels. Commission varies based on each supplier and destination, as well as your sales. You have the ability to increase your commission rate the more you sell.
Our travel advisors are paid monthly on the first day of the month. Commission is paid after your client completes their travel, with the stipulation that Be Our Guest Travel Company has been paid by the supplier.
requirements to apply
- We are looking for applicants with travel experience to a Disney destination, cruise, or all-inclusive resort at least five times in the last seven years.
- In order to specialize in Disney destinations, we require five on-property stays in the last seven years.
- Extensive knowledge of your area of expertise.
- The ability to work at least 20 hours per week.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with social media and technology.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- A personal computer with high-speed internet access, anti-virus software, and word-processing software.
- Cabinet with a lock for client files.
- Dedicated phone line identifying yourself with Be Our Guest Travel Company. Due to our insurance policy, no one else may answer this phone.
If you are hired as an Independent Contractor with Be Our Guest Travel Company, you will be offered a 60-day training contract. This will give you a chance to complete our intensive 15-unit training program with our designated trainer. This will also allow us to get to know you better, and vice versa.
During your training, no marketing or sales can be done. Once your training is completed, you will be cleared to sell travel. After 60 days, we will review your progress and determine if you will be offered a contract for the remainder of the year.
application and interview
Our hiring process consists of four steps:
- First application consisting of some basic questions about your interest in becoming a travel advisor with Be Our Guest Travel Company, as well as reviewing your resume and a travel resume detailing when and where you have vacationed.
- Second application tests your knowledge of your area of expertise, marketing strategies, and client scenarios. We do not expect you to know all the answers, but we do expect you to know how to find the answer when needed.
- Interview with one of our owners.
- Interview with one of our team leaders.
how to get started
If you feel that you meet our requirements and we would be a good fit for each other, please fill out Part 1 of our application by clicking HERE.
Please note that this is an Independent Contractor position. There is a minimal start up fee that covers the following:
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- CRM access
- Other items as specified in contract
"Whatever you do, do it well."
- Walt Disney
Be Our Guest Travel Company is registered as a Seller of Travel with the State of Florida (Registration No. ST39948) and the State of California (Registration No. 21200143-70).
Disney artwork, logos, attraction descriptions and properties: ©Disney~Disney Cruise Line®-Ship Registry:The Bahamas